This brief guide will provide instructions on how to prepare for a mobile screen share session.
You will need your desktop/laptop AND your mobile phone to be able to share your mobile screen in the live meeting room.
Preparing for a mobile screen share session is important to ensure no unexpected private information pops up whilst you are sharing your screen.
How to Prepare for a Mobile Screen Share Interview
Respondents should take a few measures to ensure a successful mobile screen share session.
- Ensure that your battery is fully charged or connected to a charger during your session.
- Make sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Turn off your notifications for your device : Android or iOS.
- If you are on iOS, turn off your auto-lock setting.
How to turn off notifications for Android Devices.
- Go to Settings -> Notifications -> Do Not Disturb
This will prevent any notifications from appearing while you are screen sharing.
How to turn off notifications for iOS devices
- Go to Settings -> Do Not Disturb -> Click on the Do Not Disturb toggle to turn it on -> Ensure that "Silence" is set to "Always".
This will hide notifications from appearing as you are screen-sharing your mobile device or tablet during the session.
How to turn on the auto-lock setting for your iOS device
- Go to Settings -> Display & Brightness -> Auto-lock -> Never
This will prevent iOS devices from disconnecting the screen share in the event it goes to lock mode.