This brief guide will provide instructions on how to share your mobile screen as a respondent. You will need your desktop/laptop AND your mobile phone to be able to share your mobile screen in the live meeting room. Setup is easy! Please follow these instructions.
How to Share Your Mobile Screen as a Respondent
1. You will need to log in to a mobile screen share interview via your laptop or desktop first. Access the link you were provided to join the meeting room and complete your details:
2. Allow your camera and microphone and select the devices you will use on your desktop/laptop.
3. You will see a Welcome message on a waiting page. If you have downloaded the app, you can scan the QR code to open it and your share code will autofill. If you have not downloaded the app yet, you can do so by using the QR code to open your appropriate app store:
4. If it doesn't autofill, don't worry! You can enter your screen share code in the mobile app and tap "Start Sharing". However, you won't be able to start sharing until you are invited in. Codes are valid 15 minutes before the scheduled start time until the session ends.
5. Provide the app permissions to screen share your phone
6. Wait for the moderator to present your screen share to the meeting room.
7. When you see your screen share in the meeting room, you are screen sharing!
Screen share controls
You are able to control your mobile screen share at any time while you are sharing.
Dismiss- will end the screen share and the mobile device will no longer be connected to the meeting room.
Pause- will pause the screen share in the meeting room, showing the last frame. The device will still be connected
Resume- will resume the screen share in the meeting room.
Link from Moderator- will open up a link sent from the moderator