If you're having trouble completing the tech check for your live session because of an external camera or microphone, this article can help. We provide step-by-step instructions for completing the tech check successfully.
Performing Your Auto Tech Check When You Have an External Camera or Microphone
Before joining your live session, you will need to complete a brief auto tech check to ensure that your audio and video are working properly. During the auto tech check, you will not be able to select an external camera or microphone. Instead, your default integrated camera and microphone will be automatically selected.
To complete the auto tech check, please follow these steps:
- Ensure that any external cameras or microphones are disconnected or disabled for the duration of the tech check process.
- Please make sure any other browsers or apps like Teams, Zoom, Skype, etc. are completely closed to release your devices for use on our platform.
- Launch the tech check from within your browser by navigating and clicking on the link sent to you by your recruiter.
- When prompted, grant the browser access to your camera and microphone.
- Begin recording your video by clicking the appropriate button within the tech check interface.
- Speak into your integrated microphone to ensure that your audio is working properly.
- When finished, review the playback of your video to confirm that your camera is working properly.
- If your audio or video quality is poor, try adjusting your lighting or positioning yourself closer to your microphone.
- Once you have successfully completed the tech check, you can re-enable or reconnect any external cameras or microphones if necessary.
Please note that if you are still unable to complete the tech check successfully using your integrated camera and microphone, you can write to our help desk team by submitting a request to our team.
Also, know that you can select a different camera/mic when you join your live session. Here is an article that shows how to select a different audio source in the live meeting room.