Unlock seamless translation experiences with our article "Self-Service Support for Translators." Learn to troubleshoot connection and audio issues, navigate onboarding, and leverage self-support tools for a smoother session as a simultaneous or consecutive translator.
If you've never joined an Interview using Discuss, note that :
- Understand the difference between Consecutive and Simultaneous Translator with Discuss
- We recommend testing your devices prior to your Interviews. Test Your Devices For Free with Tokbox.
- If you need additional help testing your devices, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The platform is web-based and doesn't require you to download anything.
- Wear earbuds with a microphone to optimize audio and avoid feedback or echo
Self-Service Support for Simultaneous Translators
- Log in Instructions
- Meeting Room Features
- Speaking to the main room (optional)
- Using Your Phone (optional)
Self-Service Support for Consecutive Translators
Confirming Audio Settings
When joining the platform, the default setting is computer audio. You can select your input device from the dropdown list.
You can test that your device is working by speaking and ensuring the triangle next to the device lights up pink when it detects your voice:
If at any time you have audio, video, or connection issues, you can refresh your own browser. If that doesn't resolve the issue, ask the moderator to reset your connection using the refresh button in the participant list.
If your computer audio becomes unmanageable, you can dial yourself in using the device settings gear button in the lower right corner.
Meeting Room Overview
- Simultaneous translators have control over their microphones and consecutive translators have control over their cameras. You can turn them off or on at will.
- Simultaneous translators have a button that allows them to speak directly to the moderator or respondent in the main meeting room by clicking and holding the Push to Talk to Meeting button, located in the lower-left corner
- You can also select your input devices before entering the meeting room or during the meeting by selecting the settings button from the lower right corner.
- Optional Features can be used by the Moderators such as : Interactive Discussion Guide or Polls
Translators can use public, backroom, and private chat, as well.